Image via Pixabay.com
The "90 percent rule" dramatically reduces the cost of digital marketing, while maintaining its effectiveness.
Contents on this page
- The 90 percent rule of Online Ads
- Example of advertising budget
- Website performance evaluation
The 90 percent rule of Digital Marketing says:
First, once increase the performance (conversion rate) of the website to 90-100% by Google's "PageSpeed Insights" test.
Only then invest in an inbound flow of visitors over the years:
- Google Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Zillow Advertising
- Other PPC
- SMS marketing
- E-mail direct marketing
- Content marketing
- Handing out business cards indicating the website
Tim Oppelt wrote at BiggerPockets.com:
"For a 6 month PPC in Austin, TX (competitive) I would recommend at least $12k (2k per month) at the absolute minimum. If you don’t have that kind of money to risk on PPC, I wouldn’t touch it at all and stick to cold calling, direct mail, SEO, or something else."
It's possible to reduce the PPC budget by several times and still keep the effectiveness of the advertising campaign the same as it was with a larger budget. Tim's website will help explain my proposal.
Tim wrote in his BiggerPockets profile: "I run a wholesaling business in Delaware WeBuyHomesDE.com".
Google provides a free website performance evaluation service called "PageSpeed Insights". Google found that Tim's WeBuyHomesDE.com is in the red zone:
It takes 23 seconds to load and only 16 % of visitors have the patience to wait for the website to load. The other 84% of visitors clicked on the PPC link, got to the website, but left before it finished loading.
If Tim speeds up the loading of his website, it will go into the green performance zone:
- 90-100% of visitors will wait until the end of the loading website
- Website conversion will increase by 6 times
- The budget for online advertising will be reduced by 6 times (from $12,000 to $2,000) while maintaining the same effectiveness.
- Google' PageSpeed Insights
- We Develop Jet REI Websites with 100% performance
- Subscribe to our "REI Software" mailing list.